How to remove engineered wood floor baord.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I put down a floor at the weekend and to my dismay one of the boards has got one 'slice' of grain de-laminated. I dont know if it was like that when I laid it as I was pretty careful in inspecting each board. I didnt buy cheap as chips off the web either and was told by a local shop that it was decent stuff.

The section that has lifted is about as long as my little finger and is probably not even 1mm thick. The board is about 1200mm long and abuts a wall.

The board is brushed with a 'semi-sheen' UVA lacquer.

Whats best?

1) Glue down, Sand out and repair leaving a small hollow and mismatch finish?
2) Carefully remove the board using a circular saw and a sharp chisel and a lot of patience.?

What is the best way to approach either way? I am phoning the shop tomorrow where I bought the boards from as in my opinion it is a faulty product but in the long run I am happy to fix it myself if it will be faster.

The saving grace is that it will be way under the sofa :LOL: but Id like to get the job done right.

Regards.

S.

Sponsored Links
You could use a hard wax kit to repair the floor. If its a rustic floor then you could fill it with a darker colour to make it look like a natural part of the floor. Otherwise do a board replacement, its relatively straight forward just take your time. Have a look on you yube for an idea on how to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back