How to remove garden trellis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

As you can see by the hopefully attached pictures, I have some trellis in my garden that the previous owners put up. I'm a little on the fence about them (get it, hey, hey!).

The main issues for me is how the block the view of the remaining garden, but that you can't walk through them front on. You have to turn sideways. Awkward carrying stuff through etc

They are screwed in to a scrip of wood that is then attached to the wall it seems. I can't work out how they managed it as the screws are the wrong way round.

Any ideas how to go about removing them? Or just get a crowbar on them?

Attachments

• IMG_20210918_135219.jpg
    IMG_20210918_135219.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20210918_134543.jpg
    IMG_20210918_134543.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 100
Sponsored Links
Easiest way to start is just to horizontally saw along the wall top, or at some height above if you want to retain some screening.

I can't make out the fixing but it could be a hilti gun?
I.e. A nail shot into the wall.

You could buy a small hole saw for a drill that is formed out of a steel cylinder with teeth.
That would cut around the fixings, leaving a wooden core. Then burn or chisel the left over core to reveal the nail (if that is what it is)

I've used a multi tool to cut down taller wood down to a horizontal fitting piece, and then cut into the wood above and below the fixings.
You should be able to then working from one end break off the horizontal pieces. And then you should be able to get at the fixings to cut them off if you can't remove them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back