How to Remove paints, etc till the foundation wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to remove all the paints, putty paste, primer on the wall till the fountain (plaster wall and pre plaster wall).

The problem i have been facing in the room for many is that the paint on the wall leave this grip does making bubble patches on the wall and eventually fall off .

Some of the bubble patch is in the middle of the wall which faces the garden, and they are small tree and flower bed outside the wall.
And the other bubble patch in on the wall of the door on both side which is to the room and the joining in wall is opposed to the bathroom wall which dont have any patches. The Floor in the room is of marble floor and the bathroom floor and wall is of marble as well. Even old house and changes was made my parents when i was kid myself and the floor was raised and than set with the marble, by my father.

I have always used primer once or twice on these bubble patch wall whenever i redo my room after 1 1/2 year or 2 years, but the bubble patch start to shows after 6 months and even start to fall off after an year.

i have always used the best brand ICI Dulux and Berger. (which is top brand here and now we even have nippon as well. we also have local paint which i have not used in this room, as it is for my kid.)

I always used semi plaster, or water based emulation paint. and even used elegants paints from ICI or was it Berger.

Now i want to try oil based so i want to scrape or have it removed till the plaster wall, for two things one to stop this patches and other i can have the room stay clear once he have made mess on them.

So help really needed as i want to get this room done before he comes from his trip with his mother. :cry:

Sponsored Links
i was hoping that i will get some help....

i am still waiting for any answers on my question.

It sounds like the construction is not what we are use to over here (this is a UK website)

Is the wall made of brick, or block, or concrete; and is it plastered with a gypsum, or a lime, plaster; or is the construction something else?

Does it appear to be damp? This is a common cause of bubbling surfaces on plaster walls, and the cure is to hack off the damp plaster, find and cure the cause of damp, and re-render with a damp-resistant material.

An oil paint will prevent the moisture escaping, so will make the problem worse.

sorry for the late reply.
As i been scrapping the wall when i had the time. i have uploaded the pictures of the wall where i am facing this problem.

the wall is made of machine block, 6 inch size. with the mixing of clear sand and cement plaster of around 1/2 inch on it.

on the wall behind the bathroom i have notice only few damp in the paint but not coming off with like hair on it... and again not from below or up but somewhere in the middle eventhough the bathroom wall is covered with marble slab.

and thank you for any help and replying back

Sponsored Links
the final picture in particular looks like the wall is damp. What is on the other side of that wall?

If it is an external wall, is water dripping off the roof or gutter, or is there a bathroom or pipe?

no the other side of the wall is the interior wall main hallway into this room and strangely, that part of the wall is fine and have no such problem like these, just this room.

the other side have also have windows looking into the garden.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back