How to remove the button from this Oven panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

The timer spinning button on my oven is not working (right hand one on the picture below).

Unfortnately it seems impossible to pinch and take it out in order to replace so I took the oven out and removed the panel but it looks like the button is attached to the circuit board and i'm not sure how to remove it.

Neff are selling these spinning button seperately so there must be a way to replace it without replacing the whole board.

Pictures attached to explain this issue better, any thought is welcome

Sponsored Links
If the button is bust then it needs to be desoldered from the PCB and a new one soldered in its place.

IMO there is no need to replace the whole board just for a button but it depends upon your ability to desolder/solder or find someone who can (and I mean do it well, not some cowboy with a 50w 32.50 iron).

Hummm that rules myself out :)

But the replacement one doesn't come with the back pins so I wouldn't have thought that what you are suggesting would be required...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back