How to remove this light?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove this light. How do I remove it without ripping it off the ceiling. Want to replace with ceiling rose. Thank you

IMG_20180721_092531547_HDR.jpg

Sponsored Links
Turn power off. Remove tube . this reveals the casing and its cover. Remove cover screws and cover. This exposes the cables and the screws that anchor the fitting to the ceiling. Can't tell from pic but it may have a diffuser covering the tube that you unclip before doing the above.

• Thanks
Reactions: JP_
Before you cover it all up, replace that flexible ducting from the cooker hood with smooth rigid stuff. The hood looks rather small, and may well have a feeble fan which won't be able to cope with that ducting. Plus every scrap of grease which makes it through the filters will collect in the duct.

Ideally you should vent directly above/behind the hood, and not have any long ducts at all. Looks like a fairly major project underway - go and hire a core drill.

The kitchen has moved, this will be a hallway.

Sponsored Links
I am sure he does, but I was going to do it myself, which is why I asked.

Remove the fitting and you have a live cable. He will know how to make the circuit dead and maybe remove redundant cable

thanks, leaving it now. Was going to remove today so I can chuck stuff up in the new loft area, but spent the whole day moving books and the dining table. That light can wait!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back