How to remove this shower screen ?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a leak from somewhere around this and want to remove the shower screen.

It's dripping down the tiles behind somewhere around behind where the screen fixing sits against the tiles.

The water seems to be running down the hinged bit. Is the semi transparent seal meant to be inside the shower or outside?!

Where are the fixings for the screen?!

Attachments

• IMG_9998.JPG
    IMG_9998.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_9999.JPG
    IMG_9999.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 184
Sponsored Links
Get someone to have a shower, they can keep their underwear on. You will soon see that the leak is from the bottom edge where the rubber meets the hinge.

First thing to do is fit a new rubber.

Andy

Thanks... but been through all that.

The water isn't tracking under the glass but down the vertical edge where the screen hinges. The semi transparent seal refers to the vertical one that I'm thinking should be on the inside of the shower screen.

I need to take the screen off to seal inside the base of the backplate where it sits against the tiles on top of the bath to stop the water running in there.

You only silicone the outside edge of the shower frame as if any water does get into the back section then it has a chance to come out and not be sealed in.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Problem is, it is getting into the back section regardless and then running down the back of the bath so I have to take the screen off to seal it.

There should be 3-4 fixing screws on the inside of the shower screen covered by a chrome caps, if not then the shower screen should just pull out as it was not fitted correctly.

Andy

There are no caps. I'm assuming either the inside or the outside bits of trim cover the fixings and siliconed on but I don't know which.

Photo one above shows the outside.
Photo two shows the inside...

It's photo 2 on the inside. That piece of aluminium is a cover which clips in place. It can be a bit fiddly.
If you look down from the top (after taking the trim piece off if it's there) you'll see how they fit together.

Thanks for that. So which way should I pull it to get it off? It's only got silicone against the tiles at the moment (that I can see) but it's pretty solid!!!

I can't really remember, which is why it is worth having a look at it, downwards from the top.

I think if you can give it some force towards the opposite end of the bath, the 'nose' will unclip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back