How to remove Vernon Tutbury tap cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a dripping Vernon Tutbury hot tap. I have tried levering it up from underneath - to no avail. Does anyone recognise these taps and how to remove the covers? Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20201026_090716991.jpg
    PXL_20201026_090716991.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 286
Sponsored Links
1. I don't recognise the taps, and have never worked on Vernon Tutbury.
2. However, I have worked on a number of three hole taps, despite loathing them.
3. I'd be looking for:
3a. Grub screws in the backs of the handles.
3b. The gold trims springing out to reveal side grub screws or ordinary screws in the top.
3c. The unlikely possibility that they have to be disconnected and unscrewed from under the basin. Nightmare job.

Thanks for your reply. I had wondered about the gold trims coming out but no amount of gentle prising seems to make a difference. I am unsure that I would destroy the tap cover doing this. The circular block at the bottom does unscrew but I have not taken this very far. When I look underneath it seems to me that this is holding the input in place and that by releasing it I would get hot water on my floor!

1. Sorry. I should have asked where is it leaking from.
2. If the central spout only when one or both taps is on, then it will be the spout which needs removing.
3. If the central spout with both taps off, then one or both taps will need new cartridges.
4. If from one or both taps, then one or both will need new cartridges.
5. I'm assuming they are 1/4 turn taps.
6. If either cartridge needs renewing, the water to that tap will need isolating, or you'll get wet.

Sponsored Links
Thanks It is the hot water tap leaking through the central spout which can almost be turned off with small adjustments on the hot tap. The taps require 3/4 of a turn to come on fully. If it is a cartridge that is required rather than some sort of washer then I will probably need to get new taps. Can't find spares for these anywhere. Vernon Tutbury are no longer in existence. Thanks for the reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back