Help to identify taps/ update

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the name of this mixer tap?
It is fitted on a vernon tutbury sink but the receipt my son has mentions a domina tap set
The problem with the tap is a serious drip on the hot side,I've not come across many of these so any advice/ help / instructions would help.
Tia

Sponsored Links
If they are traditional screw-down taps then change the washer or, if quarter turn then change the cartridge

That was the very thing I was attempting to carry out but if you look at the underside photo newboy you will see they are slightly different. They are not a cartridge type.
I have fitted a set like this a long time ago but for the life of me I can't remember how to strip them down to get at the washer
Cheers anyway

Underneath isn't relevant!

Isolate the hot supply
Remove the 'H' cover plate (unscrew ?)
Remove the screw
Remove the head
Remove the headgear assembly
Renew washer
Reassemble

Sponsored Links
I tried that but it didn't work
However a second attempt won't hurt
You think the "h" cover unscrews rather than flipping off?

Not arguing ;) but I think they flip off - try prising round the back carefully

Hi nige
I've been back twice and had no joy at all with prising or unscrewing
I'm just about to try a high end bathroom showroom I've used in the past and ask their advice
Cheers for the input

Spoke to a guy at a local bathroom showroom in brum called landons
He identified the taps as jacuzzi Modina, the taps probably arnt made anymore but the company that bought the company etc. is silverdales in n- u- Lyme 01782 717175
Like the bathroom guy, they advised pressing down on the top of the tap with the heel of your hand, possibly with a marigold glove on for friction and twist/ turn. As the photo shows this worked and allowed access to the washer
However as before the hot tap is still a problem as I think I slipped the jumper but for now it's working
The cold side was no problem to rewasher
Cheers for your help, hope the update may help someone else out in the future

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back