How to repair risen wooden floors after flooding??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have wooden floors which were covered in water after a flooding.

In some areas, the wood has risen with small bubble-type pockets.

If anyone knows how to repair this and remove the bubbles, so smooth out the floor, would be VERY much appreciated!!!

Many thanks to all

DC

Sponsored Links
just a thought:

are we talking solid wood or some type of laminated wood? it sounds like it is laminated and the glue has given up and the boards have warped

Agreed,we need more info............

What type of flooring is it? wood or laminated etc.

I've not heard of small bubble-type pockets in wooden flooring or it is the varnish or woodstain bubble-type pockets you're thinking of?

Thanks both for your replies...you are right, it is laminated wood, so glue giving up and it getting warped sounds about right...any ideas how to solve it without ripping it all up??!!! Thanks for your help - really really appreciat it. This DIY is all new to me!

Sponsored Links
To remove the bubbles you can use Evo-Stik Adhesive Cleaner but open all your windows ! (very strong vapour) Not sure how the glue come out of the joints as it should be waterproof glue.If the boards have warped,I don't think you can do anything about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back