How to repair Summerhouse roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Some roof shingles have come off my summerhouse and I need to repair them. I can't find single sheets of the hexaginal roof shingles (I can only find them sold in packs) and so I was thinking of simply placing a piece of felt over the damaged area, fixed in place with clout nails?

The shingles were placed directly onto the wooden boards of the roof. I have read that felt should have been placed first? If I can find single sheets of the roof shingles then I plan to lay felt before the shingles.

If anyone has any thoughts/suggestions they will be greatly appreciated!?

Thank you
IMG_2143_1_50.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2148_1_50.jpg
    IMG_2148_1_50.jpg
    740.5 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links
Look for a local company that builds and sells sheds, some of the better quality will use shingles. They might sell you a few

Thanks. Im going to try and find one. If not i;ll just buy a whole pack. Longer-term I'll probably replace the roof with Onduline sheeting

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back