How to replace glass in Composite Door Picture attached

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have a composite door that was fitted with the wrong glass - the door was faulty too so the installer just left it here as it was (see pictures)

We can live with the fault - frame out of square but now have the correct glass to go in the door. I'm unsure how to take out the old and out in the new and dont want to do any damage.

The trim seems to be attached by brass coloured spikes which is easy enough but how is the glass held in place?

//www.diynot.com/network/tzartisan/albums/

Any help really would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Never seen a system like that, with spikes to hold the bead on, but seeing as you've done 90% of the work already by taking it off then all that i think is holding the glass in place now is double sided tape on the outside, try cutting it with a stanley knife?

Thank you for replying - I should have thought of that but wanted to minimise disruption as the beading is off on the inside only so thought I could remove the glass from inside. I will give that a go. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back