How to seal lino floor to tiled wall joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, wondering what's the easiest/quickest way to seal the joint where a lino floor meets a tiled wall? I'm not sure scotia would look right and how can it be fixed? can't nail into tiles. Weak adhesive sealant? Using a sealant alone on the join is another option but I find doing a good job with silicone time consuming and removing it is a pain. Decorators caulk is easier to remove at least. Any preferred options from experience? Trying to prevent the odd bug coming in I think from under floor but back of toilet will still be open so maybe sealing walls is pointless if all access points aren't sealed.
20240216_185005.jpg

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks, man I hate silicone. I have finishing tools but not like that one.

That tool works well if you keep it wet or spray the silicone with a mist of water before you try to smooth it. The key is to apply as little silicone as possible, as evenly as possible, out of the tube. You are only trying to barely cover the gap, you don't want a thick bead which goes everywhere when you try to smooth it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back