how to set out brick work around new lintel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to start the brickwork for our extension and am doing some setting out drawings. All the masonary will be either rendered or cedar clad so i am not worried about brick patterns for aesthetics.

I have seen illustrations of how not to set the brick work out for supporting lintels e.g. no supporting them on small cut bricks as it can lead to cracking of plaster/render in these locations. questions is, how should they be set out. My new doors and window lintel height works out to be between 2 courses of blockwork. Any guidance

Sponsored Links
I don't know what you have been reading but its a non-issue

Openings are either set out as per the drawing and no cuts are placed next to the opening - rather there is always a 1/2 or a 3/4 up the jamb

Or if possible, frames are moved slightly to work full or half bricks/blocks at the jamb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back