How to shorten a chrome rigid riser?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plumber that did our first fix put the shower valves in the wrong place... They're about 20cm too high for the shower riser we have

All the tiling is done now... So I think all we can do is:

1. Rip out the tiling redo the pipes, redo the tiling...

2. Get a new shorter shower riser kit

3. Shorten the pipe work we have

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Or any suggestions on where we could get adjustable riser or how to shorten the riser we have with wrecking the aesthetic (well placed compression joint?)

Sponsored Links
Depends on which riser you have - they tend not to be standard 15mm/22mm chromed pipe

You may have to go with a separate riser and shower hose to avoid major changes

The valve should be ok providing that you can find a hose/replacement riser - which shower do you have?

Sponsored Links
Was the shower specified before the pipes were put in place? If not then it could be your fault for buying the wrong shower valve...

Ha. We had all the kit bought and waiting to go at first fix and the plumber never asked about. I'm guessing you're a plumber that makes this kind of mistake...

Customer is always right...

You do get bar showers with a rigid built in riser, that are adjustable at the top connection. I.e. it comes in 3 parts, the bar mixer, the middle pipe and the swan neck for the rain shower head. The swan neck fits into the middle riser like a sink spout with rubber o rings and it has about 500mm height adjustment.

An example's here...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back