How to slot fencing in??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Really feel a bit stupid asking but i will anyway.... I embarked on a project of replacing some fence panels in the garden that had seen better days. They were slotted into concrete posts. I managed to find a local supplier who has made up some really good feather edge panels to replace them with.

I've ripped out one fence panel but what is the easiest method of slotting the new panel in, i thought it would be easy lifting and tilting in until the realisation that a 6x6 fence panel weighs a bloody lot :oops:

Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Bloody hard work on your own, especially if the wind is blowing - as it was the one time I attempted it solo.

Phone a mate and promise to buy him a pint or three. Dead easy with two pairs of hands.

Bloody hard work on your own, especially if the wind is blowing - as it was the one time I attempted it solo.

Phone a mate and promise to buy him a pint or three. Dead easy with two pairs of hands.

Solo!!! I can imagine the scene :eek:

Would it be easier on steps??

if you are 12 feet tall you will not need a step ladder but if you are shorter then its a must

Sponsored Links
Two pairs of steps and with two people just lift the thing straight up and drop it in. Depending on how accurately your posts were set out the new panel might need a bit of jiggling or even persuasion with a mallet to drop all the way in.

If your two people are tall enough you can often do it quite easily without the steps.

Thanks for the replies... Sadly not 12ft tall and no local basketball team i can ask so it looks like its going to be steps (err.. not the group that is)

Project finished with aid of H and Lisa from Steps, some of S Club7 and 2 Harlem Globetrotters who happened to be passing. Thanks for all the advice peeps :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back