How to stop kitchen sink leak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Anyone know how I stop this leaking?
It leaks from the drainage hole in the sink and then though the area on the picture here? Where the white part meets the metallic sinks, it comes through the edges.
What should I do? I've tried moving it about into a better position as it just slides around and it is not fixed.
It feels very flat to the metallic bowl but it's still leaka water from the edges?

Attachments

• 17155390590313155431023877932718.jpg
    17155390590313155431023877932718.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
It seems its not sealing correctly, as it doesn’t look like it’s fitted correctly. It might also not be tight enough on the screw, but that looks like it’s either the ring size rubber seal, or it’s on the wrong way.

Last edited:
As above, I believe the white rubber seal is the wrong way around, and should sit mostly within the overflow.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks. Heres a pic of the sink. It's leaking from the draining sealant under sink.

Sponsored Links
Thanks
I sent it to a plumber I know and he said that the shape of the drainage thing under sink should be a circle and whoever fitted it they fitted the wrong part?

I spoke to our friend who fitted it and he said it just needs to be tightened at the top?

Thanks
I sent it to a plumber I know and he said that the shape of the drainage thing under sink should be a circle and whoever fitted it they fitted the wrong part?

I spoke to our friend who fitted it and he said it just needs to be tightened at the top?
If it’s what came with the sink, then it’s unlikely to be wrong. It’s not aligned up on the sink side either.

If it’s what came with the sink, then it’s unlikely to be wrong. It’s not aligned up on the sink side either.

Thanks I have tried readjusting it on the sink side too and the other side. Nothing seems to work.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Although haven't tried to tighten the screw (didn't know there is one) or looked at the white rubber thing being the wrong way around or the sealant not being installed correctly.

Also does it matter that the overflow hole on the upper sink is round and the overflow pipe is a rectangle?
As a plumber I spoke to said if the overflow hole is a circle on the sink then the under sink overflow pipe should be a circle too?

Most will probably be the same shape, however, as I said if that’s what came with it, then it should be correct. The “screw” is the circular connection on the sink side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back