How to store/hang large garden power tools?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am tidying my garage which involves installing storage... Cupboards, drawers, hooks, etc.

I have a number of large garden tools including backpack leaf blower, garden multitool, strimmer, etc. They are cumbersome and I can't figure a good way to store them neatly... They just get dumped on the floor which I really hate.

How should they be stored?

Sponsored Links
hanging on a wall is probably good. It means they don't get thrown on top of each other, like on a shelf, or stacked on top of each other, like if you stood them against a wall.

Put the hooks or rings high enough that you won't bang them with your head or face. if convenient you can have shelves or racking above the hooks.

Even mowers can often be hung off their handles.

I am tidying my garage which involves installing storage... Cupboards, drawers, hooks, etc.

I have a number of large garden tools including backpack leaf blower, garden multitool, strimmer, etc. They are cumbersome and I can't figure a good way to store them neatly... They just get dumped on the floor which I really hate.

How should they be stored?

Some of the pound shops offer a pack of metal hooks type brackets. There is a type which is covered in red plastic which includes a screw thread at the end, then a type which is just made from galvanised bent steel and need fixing with two screws and have two prongs. The latter are perfect for hanging brushes, but you can bend them to suit other things like spades, strimmers, hedge cutters and etc..

Mine are all hung on cupboard wall , chainsaw on hooks from ceiling .

Sponsored Links
I want sure if some of them shouldn't be hung vertically, etc.

I'm mainly trying to figure out the backpack blower, since the tube is very long. Thinking I'll hang the main unit on the wall and put a hook with a short bungee higher up to tidy the pipe.

I was trying to remember how dealers and hardware stores do it, but I think they have special racks which might be difficult/expensive to find. Having a large garden and an old house I could well end up with an entire wall of tools and I'm anal enough to want it all very orderly!

In my garden hut, as usual there are vertical battens as part of the structure. I have fixed an horizontal batten across the vertical ones, so that awkward hang items like strimmers and hedge trimmer can just be dropped into the gap between horizontal batten and wall.

In the huts apex roof there are similar battens the length of the hut, so I added an extra batten to them at right angles - that then, with the addition of an hook, allows alloy step ladders to be stashed out of the way in the roof apex. I have two step ladders stashed up there, one end supported by the batten, other end by the hook.

Last edited:
Yeh hang on walls just downt be tempted to hang them anywhere overhead I slid some stuff up in my trusses and it fell and nearly took my head off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back