How To Test Pump In Vaillant Turbomax Boiler? (Fault - F24)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a 2004 Turbomax Plus 824e combi. Recently it has started to lock out with an F24 fault, which according to the manual is 'dry fire protection - air in boiler, pump blocked or defective, pump output too low'. This problem started as only a couple of times a week, but now it is happening every other time we use hot water. I spend all day going to the boiler to re-set. When the boiler is running, it will run all day - but odds are next time I use it, it will be locked out.

Early this year, we had a problem with the hot water going hot and cold so I changed the plate heat exchanger and fitted a Magnaclean which sorted it. I'm thinking that there may still be debris in the boiler that is causing the F24 fault.

I intend to - (A) test the pump's performance and (B) remove the pump head to see if it needs a clean. I'm OK with (B), but how do I check the pump to see if it is failing? Is there a way to check it's output and performance. I don't really just want to swap the pump if it's OK.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Sponsored Links
More likely to be a known fault which sorry I cant tell you how to sort it as it involves gas work and we are not allowed to advise that on here, do what you suggest, I am not a believer in pumps running slow,but you never know

Thanks for your reply. Reading between the lines and taking a reasonable guess, the other possibility may be blocked main heat exchanger. Don't worry, I'm not going to be opening up the combustion chamber. I know my limits.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back