How to turn off Glow worm preheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new build house with a Glow worm Energy7 18s -A boiler running g a pressurised system with a domestic hot water tank i.e
it is not a combi boiler.

The boiler keeps firing occasionally when the timer is off and I believe the preheat option, which should only be enabled for a combi boiler, may be enabled. How can I turn this option off? I read somewhere there is a link that needs to be disabled but I've also read, online, that preheat can be disabled by pressing the - button for 5 seconds. I've tried that but it didn't do anything. I can't find anything in the user guide about preheat.

Grateful for any advice.

Sponsored Links
installer has possibly not removed the factory installed link when installing the thermostat.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
installer has possibly not removed the factory installed link when installing the thermostat.
Yep, happened on an estate we had built for us, every single boiler had link left in, on zonal heating, so nowhere for heat to escape. Have replaced a few boilers because main heat exchangers have started to leak. @Marnhullman - as above, likely the electrical link has been left in at the pcb, no preheat on a system boiler.

Yep, happened on an estate we had built for us, every single boiler had link left in, on zonal heating, so nowhere for heat to escape. Have replaced a few boilers because main heat exchangers have started to leak. @Marnhullman - as above, likely the electrical link has been left in at the pcb, no preheat on a system boiler.
not that familiar with GW tbh, only done a couple. I would assume that there is a parameter that tells the boiler 'what type it is' system or combi etc.
therefore dhw preheat wouldnt come up in parameters as a choice if it was told it is a system boiler?

Ive done it myself, was on the phone to glowworm tech as i was trying to find out why the boiler was firing with no demand. as i was talking to tech explaining the problem i found the link in place...........
very embarassing, glowworm tech started laughing. they get it loads!

found out i'm not perfect!:censored:

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
not that familiar with GW tbh,
Me neither, ours are Vaillant (same group). Not sure about pcb parameters as it’s an 18s, so system boiler, would assume parameters already set?

I thought the link may need removing. Can I do that myself or is it an electrician's job?

you could check if the link is still in. But to do that breaks the case seal integrity and should only be done by a gassafe registered engineer.

Thank you.

I'll contact the builder, again (!) and ask him to get the commissioning installer to fix.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back