How to turn off rads from boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now that it's summer I want to turn off all the rads from the boiler. However I thought I turned them off from the boiler by turning the dial off which has a picture of the radiator next to it and left the one with the tap on next to it as didn't want to turn down the hot water coming out the taps and for the shower. However, the water from the taps etc turned cold. So I turned the dial back on which has the radiator next to it and turned the dial off which had the tap next to it and the hot water from the taps is back on. Not sure if the radiators will turn on the next time it gets cold enough in the house though, hopefully not? Or am I totally doing this all wrong? Please see pic.

Attachments

• 20220605_184155.jpg
    20220605_184155.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 84
Sponsored Links
You have 3 options.

Turn the left dial anti clockwise.
Turn your wall thermostat down
Or the clock/programmer below will have;
1 for on
Picture of a clock for timer
0 for off. This will turn off the heating

Thanks I turned the left dial anti clockwise until it clicked off but then the tap water became cold and not hot? Why? I really want to turn it off from the boiler.

Looks as if you turned it to far to the off sign. Try turning to the last dot

Sponsored Links
Ok this is what it's at now and the hot water works fine not sure about the rads, think they are off.

Attachments

• 16544593276912036892931266145593.jpg
    16544593276912036892931266145593.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 75
Ok changed the left dial to the last for but the hot water is now only just slightly warm coming from the tap.

Attachments

• 1654459574010232878283962207657.jpg
    1654459574010232878283962207657.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 81
I may have read wrong. If you want temp up turnnthe tap up (right). Rads off turnbto last dot (left)

Thanks but I changed the left dial to the last dot but the hot water is now only just slightly warm coming from the tap. I just wasn't to turn off the rads from the boiler. Having a nightmare trying to do with the boiler and not also turning off the hot water from the taps.

Ok so the left side is where it normally is, which is about for number 5. The right side is now dot number 1, it would normally be about for 4 or 5.
Now the water coming from the hot tap is only warm and not hot like it use to be where the right side dial was at 4 or 5???
I'm confused?
The dial on the right should not make any difference to the water temeperature coming from the taps should it?

From that original picture the left should be correct. The right nob needs turning the other way anticlockwise maybe 2nd from end

Thanks if I put the right dial to maybe 2nd from end the hot water from the tap is way to hot that's why I keep it in the middle. By leaving the left dial where it is on first pic the rads all still keep coming on

Just turn the timer to off, hardly rocket science, you are looking for a problem that you dont have

Just turn the timer to off, hardly rocket science, you are looking for a problem that you dont have

How do I turn the timer off on the boiler to shut off the rads in the house but keep the water hot from the taps? which is the dial on the boiler I do this with? the left or right one? Thanks
Not looking for a problem I dont have just really struggiling to do this.

I just called Vokera and they said turn the left hand dial to the symbol of the tap and that means the radiators will all be turned off and only hot water from the taps will operate. So I have done that. I presume that means that even though the controller still has the timer on for the radiators it will not be effective correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back