How to use weedkiller?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I just want to enquire to see how to use weedkiller? First I have a round up spray drum but someone mentioned to me I can buy a refill of weed killer exactly the same at less that half the price and pour in into the round up sprayer. Secondly when putting the weed killer down do I need to take the weeds out the first time then spray the area. Also can weedkiller be put over flower beds a few days before planting plants?

Sponsored Links
Best to avoid are killer of you can, kills insects and can affect animals that eat the insects.

Don't put it in your flower beds!

Get a hoe and a compost bin .

Hi I just want to enquire to see how to use weedkiller? First I have a round up spray drum but someone mentioned to me I can buy a refill of weed killer exactly the same at less that half the price and pour in into the round up sprayer. Secondly when putting the weed killer down do I need to take the weeds out the first time then spray the area. Also can weedkiller be put over flower beds a few days before planting plants?

Roundup is Glyphosate with added brand name and price increase.

you can use other brands of glyphosate which include the same chemical. Weeds canot read so will not know what brand you are using.

it has to be applied to the leaves* of the living weeds because the plant will translocate it to the roots, which will then die, killing the plant

putting it on the soil is useless because it is inactivated by contact with ordinary soil. It does not poison the ground. You can spray the weeds the day before you put in your new plants.

*In the case of suckers or shrubs you have cut back, you can dab the concentrate onto the cut stump with a small paintbrush immediately after cutting it, and it will be drawn down to kill the roots. Once the cut stump has dried, it will no longer be pumping sap around, so this will not work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back