How well do wireless stats work through walls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This may be a slightly silly question but im looking at getting a programmable thermostat for the house and i was looking at either the Salus RT500 or the Salus RT500RF.

Would be intrested in the RF version but not sure how well it would cope with the stat being located in the living room downstairs, but the boiler is located 2 floors up in the loft. So theres a few walls for the radio frequency to get through. I dont want to get it only to find out theres too much interference from the walls and cielings and then it wont work.

The boiler itself is a Baxi 105e combi.

many thanks.

Sponsored Links
best place to ask is the manufacturer...on monday

overall opinion on the forum, and pretty much undisputed; honeywell cmt 927 are the best, go through walls without fail.

overall opinion on the forum, and pretty much undisputed; honeywell cmt 927 are the best, go through walls without fail.

I agree, honeywell are the best, salus are garbage!

Sponsored Links
So far from what i can gather the Honeywells are very good, but obviously you pay for it.

I was hoping of getting something like the Salus RT500 to do simple controls of the temprature. Plus i do like the looks of them, especially the blue control panel.

Is there a reliability issue with the Salus' which i am not aware of?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back