How well does plaster specific paint spead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to paint newly plastered walls.

I can emulsion reasonably well (Quick enough and even enough) but I cant say the same about mrs kenam :)

I was going to water down some standard emulsion as the mist coat, but I though having bare walls would be a good opportunity for herself to get some practice in, but am worried that the watered down paint will not be as good an opportunity. Therefore will plaster specific paint, such as this (which seems to get good reviews) spread as well as 'normal' emulsion?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsen...tr/51004#product_additional_details_container

It works out slightly more expensive than watered down paint, but it seems much less hassle

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes it will, and I have just this week witnessed it's use in my son's bathroom - muggins here doing the plumbing, other son plastered the walls. I was impressed with the paint so Crack On (y)

Just a follow up - its good stuff all right - 2 coats of this, then I got away with 1 coat of Dulux trade vinyl matt (except the first wall - always takes a wall to remember how to paint!)

EDIT - Also multiple coats on the walls we decided to change colour on..!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back