how would I route this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, trying to repair / renew skirting.

Need to find skirting like this, or get a router bit to cut the bead.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Make it up in three sectiones two flats and a bead,yould need to use an inverted router mounted under a bed,have a look at wealdon router cutters for cutters ,technical help is very good and quick turn around mail order

I think you could acheive it in two sections using the 20mm Trend Sunk bead bearing guided router bit. Doesn't quite give the sharp corners but maybe acceptable.
trendsunkbead.png

Sponsored Links
not bad but shouldve gone to seeside cafe m8 little bit further up the road,they do chunky bread for toast and bacon butties.
and the owners are very friendly.

why was you down my way m8ty,work or pleasure?

No pleasure unfortunately a bit mundane the dryer threw a wobbly yesterday I found another, a Whirlpool in the good old friday ad for £50 result,
I'll look out for that cafe next time, I just fancy a bacon buttie now

Your best option would be to find someone local with a table or radial arm saw and a moulding head, this would be a simple job for them.
Otherwise what you need is a combination or plough plane and beading cutter(s) these come up quite cheap sometimes on ebay...pinenot :)

Depends how much you want. If it's just a few feet then you could try doing it with a scratch stock. Plenty about it on the net. File or grind a piece of old sawblade or scraper to the right profile with a square edge, hold it between two pieces of wood screwed together, and run that against a straight edge scraping away until you have the profile you want.

hi all many thanks for the multiple suggestions on how to deal with this, and the recommendation for the cafe!

I only need 3 or 4 metres so I think I'll try gregers suggestion using torus skirting.

thanks again all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back