How would you patch this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Bit of a complicated one for me here. I’ve just about finished a garage conversion and I’ve got the problem of sorting the internal doorway out.

please see attached pictures.

The cut out is where the lintel went in. It’s complicated by the right side which has some pipe work for radiators that is going to be removed. The other complication is that there is no plasterboard there. It’s all plastered straight onto brick. The last complication is that the wall has lining paper on it and it’s right next to the stairs so it’s a real pain to redo the lining paper. There is also a gap just under the lintel, I could fill that with some wood though?

Would you use hardwall and just do a few coats? Or would you try and squeeze some plasterboard on there and skim over that?

What’s going to be the easiest solution for a diyer? I’ve got some easifill which I could use to smooth between plaster and lining paper?

Im sure your ideas will be better than mine. Thanks for any feedback.

Attachments

• 7A137FAB-A67D-488B-8027-76CB49F7A2D5.jpeg
    7A137FAB-A67D-488B-8027-76CB49F7A2D5.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 67
  • 5842C70E-B83C-438A-8305-7A938DFDBC04.jpeg
    5842C70E-B83C-438A-8305-7A938DFDBC04.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 70
Sponsored Links
would you try and squeeze some plasterboard on there and skim over that?
I would use a piece of plasterboard as the finished surface and easifill around the edges, blending in to the lining paper.
...but that's just my opinion! :)

I would use a piece of plasterboard as the finished surface and easifill around the edges, blending in to the lining paper.
...but that's just my opinion! :)
Yeah. It may be the easiest way. I guess my only worry is if the plasterboard is too thick. May have to get some 9mm as I’ve only got 12.5mm at the moment.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back