howdens kitchen draw pack assembly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, we're fitting a kitchen from howdens,got the three draw packs but no instructions or template. we managed to assemble the draws and the draw fronts to them, but there are no markings in the cabinet that correspond to fitting the draw runners. It is the same cabinet for the draw packs as is used for the 600 base cabinet with a door.Phoned howdens today to be told there should be instructions and a template so went down to collect these, only to be told when i got there that there is no template for fitting the draws,but now got the instructions,so, the question is how do you know where to drill the holes for the draw runners, for the draws to slide into? (there are only pre marked holes for the shelves inside this cabinet) can anybody advise, or are you supposed to make your own template?

Sponsored Links
Most flatpacks have pre-drilled holes for drawer runners. Not sure about Howdens. I know some MFI stuff is symmetrical, so its impossible to get panels upside down, but perhaps you have your sides upside down, so the predrilled holes are the wrong way up?

Some MFI stuff is made so easy nowadays that I'm surprised it all stays together - even traditional screws are being phased out in favour of "screws with plastic grubs on the end which expand as you tighern the screw" lol. What crap.

no, the sides can't be wrong way up as the cabinets came fully built, thanks anyway

Sponsored Links
Howdens are the "trade" side of MFI and they deal with the "trade" , you could be faced with some grief if you fess up to having problems with units/instructions.
Go to MFI instead.:cool:

Hi Boghopper,

Can I ask you how you manage to assemble and fit the drawer unit in the end?
I'd be a grateful if you could answer. I have now the same problem..

Many thanks
Kind regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back