Howdens kitchens

I can't understand why Howdens don't allow ordinary Joe Public to even have a look at the styles of kitchens they have available (as in the case of an earlier poster) How many customers do you know who want a kitchen fitting and would be happy for you to supply, without even knowing what styles etc are available?

Sponsored Links
I think Howdens have brochures for the public to look at there range of kitchens, but they should also have showrooms for people to look at.

If they had showrooms i bet they would sell a hell of a lot more kitchens

:LOL:

I can't understand why Howdens don't allow ordinary Joe Public to even have a look at the styles of kitchens they have available (as in the case of an earlier poster) How many customers do you know who want a kitchen fitting and would be happy for you to supply, without even knowing what styles etc are available?

Our kitchen units came from Howdens 4 years ago. The local branch was very helpful allowing STWNFI and I to look at everything before ordering via the builder. they told us everything except the discount given to him. They even took us into the warehouse to see some worktop not on display in the showroom. Must be a branch thing.

I did most of the installation myself and found their cabinets a joy to work with. Being ready assembled instead of flatpack speeded things up no end. Only downside is that the filler panels have aged slightly differently to the oak doors. I understand this is a common problem when doors are real wood whilst the fillers are veneer.

Mike

we've just bought a howden's kitchen, using a mates trade account so with his permission they discussed prices with us.

I found them really helpful, we went in and spent a while with the door, handle and work top displays. Theyw ere happy for us to go into the warehouse to see the carcasses, and sinks etc.

While you don't get the showroom experience of some of the retail chains I think you can get a good idea of what you are buying - especially as there are quite alot of pics on the website too showing different cupboards etc.

We got 29 units, including some glass doors, big and small arder pull outs and magic corners, a sink, over 7 metres of solid wood work surface and a solid wood breakfast bar, some integrated bins and other gadgets for 6225 inc vat. we felt it was a good price. Had been offered something comparable from Wren, who we felt were the closest to Howdens in terms of quality, but the didn't have any styles we liked as much.

Sponsored Links
Our joiner was pushing us towards Howdens but pricing was vague & think he was getting a backhander from them & we also wanted interest free credit! eventually we went for B&Q as we could pick everything under one roof & could see what we were paying for! Howdens service ok for joiners but better service at our B&Q any day! Joiners should stick to fitting kitchens & less to selling them!

We are in the process of getting our kitchen from Howdens. No problem opening a trade account as we told them the kitchen was for a holiday let (true). They came round, measured advised, and produced a 3D CAD drawing. The quote they gave use said that we were getting an 80% discount straight off and they would negotiate further! I had one of their kitchen before and it was good except for the built in appliances, which were dire. Gonna source our own oven hood and hob as well as I don’t know squat about their own brand stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back