Hows this for a service deal?

Sponsored Links
They've sold six in the last few minutes. Keep an eye on the counter.

It's gone from 47 sold to 73 sold in the past hour.

26 sold in an hour aint bad.

Define the word "Service" is it as the manufacturers state in their paperwork or is it just a case of sticking in your flue gas analyser.... Would the gas fire be removed and the flue checked? .... If it's done properly then the price is a cracking one.... I would, however say that my local Gas-Elec man is better at attaching advertising stickers then he is at servicing boilers.... I have recently replaced a glow worm condensing boiler with a melted heat exchanger that Gas-Elec missed... He failed to find the cause of condensation dripping out of the casing caused by the failure of a gasket on the heat exchanger..

At the price that Gas-Elec are advertising, he's still overpriced..

Sponsored Links
Well they reckon they spend an hour on-site, can't just be tea drinking.

To suggest a company is useless because they miss something isn't fair. Look at the things doctors miss for instance. Operations with forceps left behind etc.

Mate, they can't put the front cover back on a boiler. This is first day basic plumbing stuff not gas stuff. Proves they are in such a rush.

If this boiler had been a positive pressure boiler, the tenant would have been in serious trouble as there was no co detector in the house.

Well they reckon they spend an hour on-site, can't just be tea drinking.

To suggest a company is useless because they miss something isn't fair. Look at the things doctors miss for instance. Operations with forceps left behind etc.

i'm guessing you'll believe anything?

Operations with forseps left behind, my word, you are just quoting the internet here aren't you?

Nice to see you are relating gas engineers to doctors. We're not that good.

Are you on commission for gas-elec? I follow them around to repair boilers for a big managing agent, and the times I have to condem thing that they pass.

I recent got a photo in the latest copy of the gas engineer for a flue they said was safe... it was inthe section for dodgy gas work... will upload it if you want to look at it, every gas engineer in the country will have seen the photo if they looked in the magazine...

It's the Internet mate. Sounds like you are suffering sour grapes more than anything else. Did you report them to Gas Safe?

To be honest, you'd be better keeping you money in your pocket and not having your boiler serviced at all then pay for a cheap service.. Round here Gas-Elec do mainly rental properties..

It is scary how many boilers I have go to now with faults that shold have been done on the service.... Many times the cases have never been taken off...

I did mate, so we shall see what comes of it, but as no one died and i rectified it, who can prove anything??

I am not sour fella, just saddened by attitudes like yours to this situation. It's a shame you let your wallet rule your safety decisions.

It's not for me to regulate your industry. You are like the corner shop keeper that complains about Tesco Express moving in. You can't halt the tide ya know, this is the way your industry will go in the future. It's a chance to not get caught by the short course cowboy and the Gas Safe Gypsy (loads of them around now).

At 9.45 they had sold 47. At 11.55 it's up to 100.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back