Hows this for my pipe layout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys.

I'm hoping you can have a look over this and tell me if i'm right or not?

Here a quick layout i've just knocked up with what i plan on doing...

The main run from front to back is 15mm polypipe, with copper stubs up to the rads.
From kitchen to bedroom will be copper, bent up to the rads, as i don't want any joints under that floor as it will not be accessible.

In the hall, i can see 2 larger copper pipes which are the feeds from the cylinder(?), am i right to put these straight onto the main 15mm run, or should i run part of the main run in 22mm before reducing to 15mm?

Also, is there a way of telling which of the 'feeds' is flow and return?

Its a 3 bed bungalow, with wooden floors, with about 10" void underneath, hence the pipework going under.

Currently there is a small boiler in the kitchen, water cylinder in the bathroom, and 2 water tanks in the loft.
Eventually, we will be changing to a combi boiler in the loft. Probably shortly after christmas now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Assuming the pump and valve(s) are in the airing cupboard then I would say 22m to the first tee then 1* 15 going to 2 rads and the 1*15mm to the other 3.
Turn system on, 1st pipe to heat is the flow.

Assuming the pump and valve(s) are in the airing cupboard then I would say 22m to the first tee then 1* 15 going to 2 rads and the 1*15mm to the other 3.
Turn system on, 1st pipe to heat is the flow.
Personally i'd use copper, old school dont like plastic pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back