HOZELOCK connector problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone else had trouble with spray attachments staying onto HOZELOCK connectors. I have three HOZELOCK sprayers that all seem to be bursting off two different connectors. and as far as im aware my mains pressure is not high :evil:

Sponsored Links
one of these?
0226443_m.jpg

its a standard hose connector, try a differnt brand, if its coming off the hose is the "lock ring" tight?

sorry should have been a bit clearer. yes its a hozelock connector, which is a STOP END, ie when you remove the spray gun the water will stop flowing. but during normal use, the spray attachment will just burst of the connector (not the connector from the hose).............this happens with 3 different attachments and 2 different stop ends :evil:

Are the connectors fully home? They are sometimes awkward B**ers to click into place (there's a kind of double click with mine).

Sponsored Links
The end of the hose pipe can get worn, try cutting around an inch off the end and try re-connecting usually does the trick for me :)

one of these?
0226443_m.jpg

its a standard hose connector, try a differnt brand, if its coming off the hose is the "lock ring" tight?

Yes I'm having the same problem with my hozelock connectors.
the hoselock Stop connector leaks, and the connector to the spray lance keeps bursting off. possibly it has a limited design life ?
dissapointed
Surrey :(

It's still relevant, hoselock still exists and is still annoying everyone in the world. Old threads are found on Google. Adding to them is not a sin.

Yes, they seem to be not fit for purpose, I ended up changing to wilko brass ones, cheaper and seem to be lasting longer...

I find the problem is incompatibility. Every one is a slightly different shape. You'd think the copycats could make them the same. Maybe if you make the copy badly you can't get done for copyright? Yes the brass do seem to be better, I think the little ball bearings which do the grabbing are stronger than the little plastic things. The plastic ones wobble about and either pop off or leak badly.

Well if that were true, then hozelock to hozelock should work for longer than they seem to do

At least they work once. I just tried to fit two brand new plastic ones together, different makes, and there was half an inch play in it. I turned on the tap and got drenched. I think 20% of the water didn't make it through to the other end. I shall try ordering brass. £3 from China, good idea?

They don’t work well with the stop end connectors, standard connectors are fine.

No, I had trouble with the basic non-stop ones throwing out water as they were very loose.
The stop ones can be amusing, the pressure build up when you're not using the hose can make it fire the device a considerable distance.
As for your sig, I prefer "do not adjust your mind, the fault is with reality".

It's still relevant, hoselock still exists and is still annoying everyone in the world. Old threads are found on Google. Adding to them is not a sin.
It is against the forum rules to resurrect old posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back