HR92 Calibration Needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got 10 new Honeywell Evohome HR92 TRV's fitted to my radiators. But I'm finding that even though the rooms are only between 15deg and 18deg with a set point of 20deg the radiators are not coming on even though the boiler is firing (it's only cycling on and off every 5 mins) and the downstairs radiator without a TRV (room stat) is hot. I've taken the heads off of some of the TRV's and although they are nearly fully open the TRV is still closed. There is only about a quarter turn left on each to fully open but when I open it fully the TRV opens and radiator heats up. If there is so much travel in the TRV pin why is it only taking such a small adjustment between fully open and fully closed? I do remember on the old TRV's that they basically had to be set to the highest setting to get anything out of the radiator. I've watched a youtube video (from the evohomeshop site where I bought it all) of installing the RA adpater to the TRV and all mines are installed the same.
IMG_6551.JPG
IMG_6552.JPG

Sponsored Links
There is an option in the heads menu called 'stroke', setting it on allows greater movement of the actuator.

Honeywell now recommend that you replaced all your rad valves when installing Evohome

Sponsored Links
We have always fitted new valves when installing Evo. Apart from the incompatibility issues the battery life is optimised when paired with the valve it was designed to be partnered with.

That being said, their earlier (1998-2012) HR80 valves seem much better on batteries; these commonly last 3 yrs or more but in the newer, but functionally similar HR92, 18 months is about the mark.

Sounds like I should get the correct Honeywell TRV bodies then. I'll look into that after Santa has been and gone :)

I have had Evohome installed for nearly 3 years on 19 radiators using Lifestyle RT212 bodies with the plastic adapters. No issues whatsoever, and the TRV bodies are 16 years old. I check them each summer but it shouldn't be necessary as the system will cycle them once a week. Honeywell Valencia bodies are compatible with HR92s. Recently trials undertaken by a new Evohome owner showed no discernible difference in noise when these bodies are used.

Ironically it probably the Evo that has kept the Drayton valves going. They have a solid reputation in the trade for getting stuck.
Honeywell Valencia bodies are compatible with HR92s

Who would have thought that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back