TRV's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just had a new boiler put in, 2 radiators replaced and some TRV's put on some of the remaining radiators. I'm very happy with the boiler and the new radiators, but I'm having a few problems with the TRV's.
-In one room I have 3 radiators (don't ask why!) and have set all 3 radiators to number 4 on the TRV's. 2 radiators are on fully, the other is off.

-In the second bedroom even on max the radiator is switching off before it is anything like warm in the room.

-There seems to be a massive difference between setting 3 (I've yet to see the radiators come on at all) to setting 4 (when they are on all the time.

Can anybody suggest anything? Are the valves likely to be faulty? Incorrectly installed? or is this what I should have expected?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Get your fitter back to balance the radiator system and check operation of TRVs if they have fitted them. FOC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back