Humidistat Extractor and spot light wiring to 'wave' switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a professional electrician replace an old on/off extractor with an Airflow Quiet Air Humidistat extractor (has over-run and 2 speed motor) and an old fashioned single light with 8 spotlights - these have been wired into a 'wave' sensor light switch on the wall inside the bathroom, this switch replaced an old pull cord switch. The trouble I have is that what-ever setting the extractor is put on (has various adjustments) once the lights are turned off the extractor runs and runs and won't switch off like it's meant too. The 'wave' switch has four 'connectors' in the back of it, three have been taken up. The extractor also has an isolator switch outside the bathroom (this isn't new). I am already on my second extractor, having sent the first one back to the supplier thinking it was faulty due to this............. the electrician isn't calling me back despite having left LOTS of messages on his mobile and texting him for a response. Any ideas please...........

Sponsored Links
Only to keep trying and get him to put it right or get a second electrician and then sue the first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back