Humidity and Odour Extraction from Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a an in line duct fan controlled by a humidistat in my bathroom and it works well, extracting the air when I have a shower.

Unfortunately the humidistat cannot tell when there is an unpleasant odour in there and I have been looking for another way to switch the fan on for 5 minutes or so.

Is there such a thing as a switch with timer that I can use to just press/pull when I need that 5 minutes of extraction? I do not really want the fan to come on every time I use the light.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes is the short answer ! You could bridge out the humidistat with a switch. The easy option if you can locate the switch outside the bathroom would be to fit a time-lag switch(the type used on stairwells) which has a mechanical push which releases over a set time.

Regards,

DS

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the rapid responses, I will use a timer switch outside of the bathroom. I had a search on-line to see if there is a pull switch version but could not see one, hence I think the second option from TLC will look nice.

I like the sound of the appropriately named Raspberry Pi, but it looks to be beyond me!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back