Humming/Noise from Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday I bled one of my radiators as it wasn't getting hot at the top. However since I've done that I now get a humming/whistling/annoying tone from my central heating boiler.

When the boiler kicks in after about 5 minutes it starts and is consistenet and quite loud.

I can only think something happened when I bled the radiator - could i have moved the air elsewhere?

it's an ideal Classic RS60 boiler.

Any help?

Sponsored Links
I guess so, everything works well - I have hot water and heating but an annoying noise to accompany it

Sponsored Links
Having been up into the loft there is water in the tank, sorry I'm a bit of a novice at this!

If it helps, the noise seems to come from either the boiler itself or the pipes coming out of the boiler, I can't work out which.

I read that maybe the boiler pump needs bleeding? ANyone know where htis is likely to be!

Bleeding pump would be my next step. Most common places are near the cylinder somewhere.
FAQ tells you all about how and what.
Look in headertank when you have a moment and see how clean it is. Also check how clean the silver screw is at the wet end; I suspect corrosion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back