Hunt the Budget

It's strange to describe a scheme approved and promoted by the government as a tax avoidance scheme.

How strange

What makes you think governments do not tilt the tax regime to help their buddies or sponsors?

Sponsored Links
Look into Land Value Tax, it's the fairest and most efficient way to raise taxes and replace alot of the taxation.
For example, the Daily Express published an article claiming that the charge would be three times the amount charged in Council Tax.

Which is absurd

If it was true, it would result in council's income trebling.

Can you guess where they got their figures?

A report commissioned by the Conservative Party.

Who could have seen that coming?

How strange

What makes you think governments do not tilt the tax regime to help their buddies or sponsors?
You can use it if you want. I don't recall ticking a box on the form saying I will vote Tory.

Sponsored Links
A government approved scheme that has encouraged investment in the UK you mean?
It's strange to describe a scheme approved and promoted by the government as a tax avoidance scheme. I assume you don't have an ISA or have never purchased duty free?
If its helping you avoid paying tax, what would you call it?.
Something else so it isn't so obvious to the ordinary taxpayer?

A government approved scheme that has encouraged investment in the UK you mean?
It's strange to describe a scheme approved and promoted by the government as a tax avoidance scheme.

I can see they had to do it to protect the UK industry. But the fact that the only benefit of Brexit that anyone has established on here so far, is a 20% tax break from UK VAT for anyone buying a yacht, and then keeping it in the EU, will stick in the craw of a lot of people! Maybe we can have a tax break on caviar next :LOL:

Brexit might actually deliver benefits to UK yacht owners by allowing VAT to be permanently deferred. “With the single market and the revised temporary admission relief rules in place, I can imagine that a lot of UK yacht owners will have their vessels exported when buying them (zero-rated) and claim temporary admission relief as a non-EU resident when they take their yacht into the EU,” says Carey. “When their 18-month temporary admission relief expires, they can pop out to a non-EU location and then head straight back to start another 18-month VAT-free period. Why keep your vessel this side of the Channel if you can buy it for 20% less by keeping it on the other side?”

Why did motorbiking claim that genocidal racists and violent misogynists pay higher rates of tax than me?

It's what you said. Why?
when?
I can see they had to do it to protect the UK industry. But the fact that the only benefit of Brexit that anyone has established on here so far, is a 20% tax break from UK VAT for anyone buying a yacht, and then keeping it in the EU, will stick in the craw of a lot of people! Maybe we can have a tax break on caviar next :LOL:
As I said before - no requirement for a minimum value and nothing requires it to be new.

Why is motorbiking pretending that avoiding tax is not tax avoidance?

Sponsored Links
Back