Hunting Room Stat - Honeywell T4360

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new house with Hetrae Sadia MegaFlow, Zoned Heating and a pair of Honeywell (Branded ROBUS) room stat's

The problem
At or near the switching temperature, the stat's often start buzzing and the light on the front flickers at very high frequency.

This causes noisy operation and of course is so bad that the in-built RFI suppression cap cannot cope - it wipes out all the radios in the house !

In my experience, this is usually because the dead band between "on" and "off" is set so small, that the stat is hunting around the temperature and not performing the clean switch from one state to another.

Upon removing the cover, the expected Bimetallic strip and adjuster screw was not there, but I noticed a flat disc object which seems to be responsible for expansion / contraction hence making / breaking the switch.

Trouble is, it all looks very sealed and I can see no way to easily open up the gap so that this (really annoying) hunting stops.

As a secondary question, I was thinking of replacing these mechanical jobbies with digital horstmann DRT-1's (or similar)

Is this sound thinking or just a waste of money ? (I want tighter control..)
Any other words of wisdom ?
Are digital room stat's accurate ?

Thanks for all / any replies

Sponsored Links
Is this sound thinking or just a waste of money ? (I want tighter control..)
Any other words of wisdom ?
Are digital room stat's accurate ?
Hi, Have just replaced my room stat with a Sunvic TLX 7501 digital room stat, about £23 from b&q, it diplays cotinuously the actual room temperature, and holds the temperature to within + or - 1C.
Steveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back