Honeywell DT90E stat with an oil boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have recently replaced my old Honeywell room stat with the digital Honeywell DT90E to control my oil boiler.

On the plus side, i have now realised that my old stat was very inacurate... on the negative side, I get the feeling I will end up using much more oil with the new stat!

The new stat brings the boiler in all the time, unlike the old stat that would let the house reach the desired temperature and then stay off until the house dropped a couple of degrees.

From my research, the DT90E uses some technology to bring the boiler in more often and keep the house at a constant temperature, DPI right?

With this though, I am finding the boiler cuts in about 6-8 times per hour (only for a minute or so though).

I have looked at other posts on here that suggest a cycle rate of 3 times per hour. I have set that from the installer menu but the boiler still kicks in little and often.

Can anyone give me a simple explaination of how this stat is working and maybe where i am going wrong with the set up?

Many thanks,

Bob

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back