HW always comes on with CH on Siemens RWB29

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Recently replaced old controller (very noisy Drayton SM2 rotary dial) with RWB29 and quite happy. I noticed this morning though, that when I tried to advance just the CH, the water always comes on as well. I checked the interwebs and reset the controller as suggested to no avail.

I am sure this wasn't the case with the old controller and they both use the same standard backplate.

After a reset, I changed prog so CH came on at a different time to HW. When CH switched on, the HW came on again even though it should have been off.

I have set the dip switches for 5/2 gravity fed system.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Gravity HW must be on when using heating, unless you have a valve on the HW return

For a gravity system it is normal that with the CH on the HW will also be on. Are you sure you have a gravity system? It doesn't matter if it is gravity fed but rather if the HW system works by gravity. Do you have any zone valves on the system?

Mick and Denso,

I am sure that wasn't the case on the old Drayton, but I think I'll have to re-install it and check. It might be that the system is pumped and I'll check the settings on the old one.
I think you might be onto something so I'll check this out. Thanks for redirecting my thoughts!

Sponsored Links
Simples! Thanks for that. I reset the dip switch to a pumped system after comparing the old unit settings and it worked. Should have thought of that before installing so thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
Brendan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back