HW but no CH, 3port valve seems fine, even manually set it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can any one help, I have a potterton ep2001, a three way motorised mixing valve, a grundfos selectric 15/50 pump. The HW is working fine and motorised valve seems to be working, I have also removed the motorised valve and set the postion for CH only but still no CH!

Boiler appears to start then then stop after a few seconds when trying the CH, but runs fine with the HW.

I have also tried removing the EP2001 case switching of the power and also removing the battery with still no joy.

Can anyone help or advise me on this.

Cheers,
Jack

Sponsored Links
Motorised valve head needs to move to turn boiler on. Probaly dud motor - see "For Reference" section.

Hi,

it's a myson mpe322, I have removed the motorised valve and physically turned the half circle brass fitting into the CH position and mid way but still no joy.

Thnaks for any info you can offer.

Cheers,
Jack

Sponsored Links
As I have already told you, the motorised part has to motor round to turn the boiler on. The part you turned obviously does not have electrical connections!

Put system on CH only and check voltage on orange wire which should be present if vavle is working ok.
If not, take the head off the spindle and turn upside down. Now try HW only. Valve should return to start position. Now try HW & CH shared and watch D hole in quadrant, it should turn 45 degrees after slight delay. Now try CH only and it should move another 45 degrees after slight delay.
If you get this far check the orange wire. If it's live valve is ok, if it's not micro switch at fault.
If quadrant does not move the second 45 degrees then replace motor or for £38 you can get replacement head Act 322
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi Thanks very much for everbodys help, I ordered a new acc322 a fitted it today, couple of small teething problems but its working great now.

Thanks again for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back