HW but no CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I got some advice from this forum earlier thus year about havein gmy boiler re-sited, it was all very useful thankyou, but I now have another problem.

The problem is this, the have a Ideal/Baisi 32Kw riva compact ( I do appologise, please re-arrange to get the right name), it is in a property that I rent out, and has been vacant since I had the boiler repositioned, I have been doing some work in the house and have put 1 rad on pressured up the system to get some heat in the place.

I powered the boiler up, got hot water, but I set the time on the built in timer and set it to come on at a specific time, but it did not come on, I shut it down by the fused spur to retry, turned it back on it sounds like it is going through the motions of getting the heating running but then seems to shut down, there is no noise at all

Forgot to mention this earlier, when I had it repositioned, due to the fact it was outside in a lean to we had a room stat/controller, but due to having all the walls skimed, we got rid of that and used the timer on the boiler, would this have any effect on it?

Any help please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't know I did not carry out the work, and the guy that did has had his phone over the holidays, is it an easy thin to do? ( please say yes!!)

After moving the boiler has it been properly tested on CH and DHW ???

Tony

Sponsored Links
jonnydon'tknowmuch said:
I don't know I did not carry out the work, and the guy that did has had his phone over the holidays, is it an easy thin to do? ( please say yes!!)

probably if you tell the boys which boiler it is :idea:

I am going round to the house in a sec, what should I do, take the link out if it is there or replace it with something?

Thanks

Now what does that say about the calibre of the "plumber" who moved the boiler and left without testing it?

Tony

he only asked him to fit it somewhere else.said nowt about leaving it working. hehaa. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back