HW Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

After my experience with a leaking RM cylinder (see other thread!) I have decided to replace the new (defective) cylinder with a more expensive unit, taking the opportunity to get a slightly larger tank with a decent warranty.

I am still in the midst of research, but can anyone let me know if they have experience (positive or negative) or a good reason to recommend any particular one from Gledhill, Heatrae Sadie or Joule?

I am also thinking of a stainless steel system on grounds that our water is quite hard, and they are said to be more reliable in that environment, so would welcome any comments on those.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Joule are excellent. All cylinders will suffer with scale if you don't take proper precautions

No experience of the Joule.
Most if not all are stainless steel nowadays...even RM.
Heatrae Sadia are the market leader, at a premium price, made in Norwich so buying one will benefit the British economy (jobs in Britain, etc.)
Gledhill are made in Blackpool, so even better it benefits the Lancs economy, my family will thank you for that.

Heatrae Sadia are the market leader, at a premium price, made in Norwich so buying one will benefit the British economy (jobs in Britain, etc.)
Gledhill are made in Blackpool, so even better it benefits the Lancs economy, my family will thank you for that.

Bet you their factories are full of Eastern Europeans these days.

Sponsored Links
Gledhill have made some of the worst products in history.

Both crap products though.

Heatrea are overpriced crap (see the scale thread further down the forum). The internal baffle is a total PITA.

Gledhill I have first-hand experience of their fabrication being useless (I have some pictures on here somewhere).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back