Hybrid Smart alarm system with no monthly fee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I'm looking for a hard wired alarm system which I can add wireless devices to at a later stage. I want to have the ability to control it from my phone app. Also I don't want to pay a monthly fee.

Is there an alarm brand out there that will have this?

Sponsored Links
Texecom Elite range with smart com.
Texecom rep has advised us that they my start to charge for the connection to the cloud in the future.

All manufacturers will to be fair cloud services cost money every month to run.

All of the manufacturers will go down this road eventually as supporting 10,000 of panels plus a year needs maintained infrastructure.

I suspect they will be in line with the industry so expect around £40 p/a and first year free for end users

Sponsored Links
All manufacturers will to be fair cloud services cost money every month to run.

All of the manufacturers will go down this road eventually as supporting 10,000 of panels plus a year needs maintained infrastructure.

I suspect they will be in line with the industry so expect around £40 p/a and first year free for end users

I guess your right. OK let's say if I am now willing to pay for cloud services. Which brand would you recommend. I heard risco and pyronix do good hybrid systems?

What do you need from the alarm?

I want a reliable wired system which I can in future add wireless devices to for example door contacts. Also want to have smart phone app capability so I can monitor, reset the alarm in case of false activation.

Honeywell galaxy flex with free Honeywell push service or £1 month SelfMon service. You can get a flex panel with Ethernet, RF and GSM for dual path alarm reporting. There are options of different apps too.

Honeywell galaxy flex with free Honeywell push service or £1 month SelfMon service. You can get a flex panel with Ethernet, RF and GSM for dual path alarm reporting. There are options of different apps too.

Hi, the galaxy flex seems like a very good system but after checking online, quite pricey.

I've looked at texecom. It seems cheaper as the elite 24 panel is about £80. But you have to add the wireless expander separately. Does the galaxy flex have everything integrated?

firstly you should look at what you want the panel to do.

Then price is for the whole package.

I've looked at texecom. It seems cheaper as the elite 24 panel is about £80. But you have to add the wireless expander separately. Does the galaxy flex have everything integrated?

The top panel FX100+ with internal GSM module, Ethernet Module, RF portal and MK7 keypad can be purchased for about £330. You then need battery, sensors and siren to complete the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back