Wired alarm that links to smart home

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend an alarm that is modular, wired and will talk to a good smart home control system.

I don't like needing to rely on wireless systems as they drop out and have connectivity issues.

I'd like cameras, PIRs, indoor and outdoor sirens and door/window sensors.

Also I don't want to pay monthly fees.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Spencer

Sponsored Links
Most professional/graded alarm systems could be classed as modular. Honeywell Flex has inbuilt facilities for camera PIR but I doubt the quality is great and these are indoor cameras. Its often best to have separate alarm, CCTV systems and integrate them in someway. What integration with your "smart home control system" do you need? what interface(s) does the controller have?

Galaxy Dimension is definitely a capable system which could integrate with almost anything else via its I/O logic (albeit a little confusing and possibly restricted). I'm not sure what texecom or pyronix offer in terms of home automation although I'm sure they would have something, even if just I/O. Although the Honeywell stuff is quite difficult to program unless your ready to learn and quite savvy.

If you can define of list of requirements and separate the must have features from the would be nice, then I'm sure we could pinpoint something suitable.

The Risco Lightsys 2 panel meets all your requirements but you would need it installed by a company.

Thanks for the info both.

I guess the main emphasis is that i know I'll end up gradually with a smart house, lights, plugs, alarm, cameras for safety, efficiency and security.

Im quite tech savvy and can easily see me going off in one direction with security only to find out further down the line that for some reason or other it doesn't play well with the rest of my smart home.

I've been looking around online and having difficulty finding what I specified above so thanks for the feedback I will look into all of those.

In terms of further specifications it might be worth mentioning that I'm quite invested in mac and synology systems. These are here to stay especially the synology so if there were a choice I'd like something that somehow integrates with that.

The interface im looking for is app based with ideally the features to activate the alarm remotely, check cameras through the app and set security lighting patterns when away in the future when my smart home is more developed.

Hope that all makes sense

Thanks again the advice

Spencer

Sponsored Links
The interface im looking for is app based with ideally the features to activate the alarm remotely, check cameras through the app and set security lighting patterns when away in the future when my smart home is more developed.
I do all those but not from the same app, I have a Texecom Premier Elite that can be accessed and controlled remotely through the Texecom app. I have a couple of IP CCTV cameras connected to Surveillance Station on my Synology NAS with the iOS app and I have Philips Hue lights both in the house and as outside lights, these automatic come on at various schedules driven by the sunset and sunrise times (that automatically adjust throughout the year) again these lights can be accessed and controlled remotely.

I have my texecom elite linked via serial to USB cable to my Vera automation hub so that the alarm states, set, disarmed can trigger smart home events and there motion sensors double as always on sensors for the smart home.
Plus if someone breaks in I can have the Sonos come on full volume and deafen them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back