smart home security alarm recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

thinking off getting smart home security alarm, but not sure which one should I go for?>
I have external hikvision IP cameras around my house,
wanted something not too expensive, maybe with IFTTT, would be nice if the system could be integrated with some of the smart devices I have already ; Philips hue, amazon dot- alexa, Honeywell evohome, TP link smart plugs, harmony hub
maybe with 1 or 2 internal ip cameras

Xiaomi smart home kit http://www.gearbest.com/alarm-systems/pp_600096.html?wid=21 I imagine would work with couple of Original Xiaomi xiaofang Smart 1080P WiFi IP Cameras http://www.gearbest.com/ip-cameras/pp_620813.html?wid=21

Samsung smart things starter kit, come more expensive plus would need couple indoor cameras..

Yale?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
The honeywell so far has very limited cross compatibility between devices, and is pricey. Also the peripherals are not really of the minimum spec that might be demanded for home security. I have the honeywell evohome heating with wireless TRV's, but I've stopped short of the honeywell evohome for security. Instead, after much research I went with Texecom, there are enough programmable output and input options plus a very resilient hybrid alarm. I'm partway through installing, but will be integrating it with a GJD lighting controller, and my smart things hub. I'm also encouraged, but trying not to get excited, about their connect system which promises more home automation options. In the past I've invested in a couple combined home automation and security options both have had proprietary interfaces and both become obsolete, wasting many £100's.... I'm hoping sticking to the main function of the devices and simple interfacing such as for alarm conditions etc. will prove more fruitful. Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
I have the texecom elite, which itself is stable and robust, and is plugged into my Vera so that can use all the Texecom sensors and alarm state. For an alarm system, with primary use being security, I am not convinced any home automation hub is reliable enough, so wanted to use a dedicated alarm, outputting its state into an automation system.

Mattice - how are you integrating into smartthings?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back