Smart home CCTV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm very much into Smart home devices, we've moved into a project property which is allowing me to put what I want in.

I'm onto the CCTV now, i'm not sure whether to go for wired/battery powered, IP/analogue. I've seen quite a lot of hype about Hikvision which looks a good system to use if I was going down the wired route.

Integration with my other devices would be good, so for instance Alexa. The Arlo cameras seem to do this.

Does anyone have any advice?

Sponsored Links
Not really looked into Alexa integrated cctv cameras what will Alexa do for you with them? I mean I can ask Alexa to switch plugs on and change temperature but I don’t know what I could ask to do with cctv as it is always on and always recording?

Anyway my advice stay away from battery powered and wireless if possible. Nothing beats a hard wired system and Hikvision has my vote I have a 6 camera system which is great.

Agree with above. Also with Hikvision you (a) have better definition (4, 5 or 6 Mp cameras) and (b) you can select the correct type of camera for each location.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, looks like Hikvision is the way to go!

I installed a cheap analogue kit in my last house so not familiar with the IP camera set up in terms of what hardware I need.

Any help would be much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back