CCTV signage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK so not strictly CCTV - talking more 'smart' cameras like Arlo, Blink, Ring etc.

I've got some Arlo pro cameras inside the house, I'm not inclined to use any of the window stickers included with the cameras as obviously they'd advertise what system is in use but do you think it's a good idea to get a couple of generic CCTV stickers to plonk in the window...or is it just warning any would be intruders to cover up?

Sponsored Links
Depends what your purpose of the CCTV is. For some it’s a deterrent so signs is great the bigger the better so it will put people off. Some swing a bit on the voyeurism side and like to watch without being known in which case don’t bother.

I have put them up, one on front door (which is on side of house under a porch) and one on a front window.
The CCTV (wifi, Neos cams) is there to act as a deterrent - most people up to no good will have hood up before stepping onto your drive, but might help stop some random opportunists snooping about.
Bought mine from Amazon for a few quid.

I have put them up, one on front door (which is on side of house under a porch) and one on a front window.
The CCTV (wifi, Neos cams) is there to act as a deterrent - most people up to no good will have hood up before stepping onto your drive, but might help stop some random opportunists snooping about.
Bought mine from Amazon for a few quid.
Yeah that's what I mean - If you're advertising you've got the cameras if someone does break in they're going to be forewarned...but as with a lot of things like locks etc it's more a case of making your house less of an appealing prospect than next door etc.

Sponsored Links
The police hardly ever catch the burglars, so identifying them doesn't count for much anyway - only really useful for anti-social behaviour etc. which seems to be a growing problem.
You're best spending the time making the home and your contents more secure and writing name & post code on everything with invisible ink so if they do get caught you might get something back.

it's more a case of making your house less of an appealing prospect than next door etc.
this is what I tell my wife when she asks why I haven't painted the front yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back