Yale Smart Alarm / SmartHome Alarm - Doorbell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Hoping for some advice. My house was burgled earlier this month and I'm now looking to increase the security at my property - starting with an alarm system. I am currently considering Yale's SmartHome alarm system from MAP Security -

http://www.map-security.com/yale-smart-alarm-kit-complete-with-standard-dialer.html

I like the fact that it has the doorbell which triggers an alert when pressed -

http://www.map-security.com/yale-smart-alarm-panic-button-ena-db.html (not sure why it says panic button in URL as description on page is for the doorbell)

I would like to add a basic cctv system with one of the cameras placed by the door. I understand that burglars often try the door first to see if anyone's home before breaking in so having a trigger so to check the cameras will be good.

First question to others who may have this product - will it only sound on the main control panel? I was planning on hiding the panel within a cupboard but I'm concerned that I will not be able to hear when the doorbell has been pressed when I'm at home.

Second question - do you rate this alarm system? I'm still in two minds whether to get this one or the Pyronix Enforcer.

Thank you for the advice!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Bernard. I don't want this to turn into a debate about how hackable the various alarms are but as a Grade 2 professional system, is Yale's SmartHome alarms not more secure than the average i.e. their EastFit range?

Sponsored Links
Smart home may be more difficult to hack but will be just as susceptable to blocking or jamming as any other system using a licence exempt radio frequency.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back