Yale Smarthome Alarm – Sounds do not work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I bought and installed Yale Smarthome Alarm myself (not installed by professional alarm fitter) . It was not difficult to install and commission. The alarm system works well albeit the following problem:-

All sound from my Yale Smarthome alarm have stopped working, beeps still work.
E.g. I had sound selected for Doorbell, When press it no longer output a tune. I have changed it to ‘beep’ instead which works. Same for Entry and exit duration, sounds used to work, they stopped working changed to beeps as interim measure.
I have restored the control panel to Factory defaults and re-configured all the devices only to find out that the sounds still do not work, beep works.
Please help, any advice/suggestions. Is there a setting that I have misconfigured?
Some problems that I have encountered, however resolved have been added below just in case they are helpful to others:-
1. If PIR sensors were in Soak test mode they will not function. They should be correctly configured for Full alarm and part alarm Scenarios. The installation manual is not clear on this issue, there is no mention of the next step menu item after full alarm.
2. External siren need dip switch 3 has to be in the on position for monitoring else it creates a supervisor fault. When the installation leaflet the external siren is revised, the error in the leaflet needs to be corrected.
3. Handy tip on sensors that fail due to tamper ---- extend the spring to increase the quiescent length.

Sponsored Links
Yale isn't something I fit but here goes.

door bell, if the beeps work, and the tones do not any more, look at how you turn the tones on and off in the manual, sound like you may have turned them off, if you have an electronic copy may be easier to search for door bell or tones until you find the correct part of the manual.

soak is designed so you can set the alarm system and be notified of any issues like false alarms and address them without the sirens being activated. usually after the soak test time is completed (14 days is not uncommon) the panel reverts to normal operation. If you get a test fail you need to work out if its a genuine activation or the system false alarming because the detectors are positioned incorrect ie PIR in direct sunlight.

Tell Yale if the Manual is wrong. (if to help other people give manual reference and where it is wrong, as later versions of the manual may be corrected or the function changed so without references it can make it a little more difficult for everyone.

Tampers shouldn't be tampered with, if they don't close properly, then the device isn't correctly put together or the plastics distorted making the tampers not close properly. The design should be sufficient that when assembled correctly the tamper is closed. Changing or extending them as you put it is changing the design of the system?

A job this morning I went to was because the end user had replaced batteries in the wireless PIR's but not reassembled the units properly, it didn't take long to assemble correctly and then be able to set and use the alarm properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back