Yale ENA Smarthome panel wont let me use it!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had an Yale ENA "Smarthome" alarm for a while, but today i made the dreaded mistake of entering an incorrect code 5 times to access it.

Now the system just beeps at me furiously no matter what key i press and nothing else works. I cant login. Tapping the Engineer button to try and log in as that also just results in the rapid 3 angry beeps from my panel and it does nothing.

The manual makes no reference to this what so ever. The similar EF series alarm system manual says it locks out for 5 minutes. Mine has been p1ssed off with me for about half an hour now with no sign of letting up.

Anyone got any suggestions ? (Hammer springs to mind)

Sponsored Links
So the answer, if anyone else comes across this, is not to repeatedly hit the thing with a hammer, but to disconnect from mains, go to the back, and switch it off via the little switch just above the mains connection terminal (its the only switch on the back!).
Wait till its powered off, then turn back on and reconnect to mains. Should let you use it now without beeping at you like some enraged calculator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back